Recovering USF Contributions

BillMax supports recovering USF contributions in several ways:
  1. Add Tax Items to a Tax Group and classifying the Tax Items as a Fees. Specify whether they are Federal USF or State USF with the state notated. The Fee can also be marked to be passed to non-taxable accounts unlike normal taxes.
  2. Use the Federal USF table to specify the method that will be used for reporting: Safe Harbor, Traffic Study, or Minutes from CDRs. The method helps differentiate the amount of intrastate, interstate, and international traffic that is being billed.